I am in my second year of undergraduate studies in Civil Engineering at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
I aim to make a difference through my focus, passion, and dedication.
Thanks to my determination and strong work ethic, I have a proven track record of working well in a variety of demanding conditions. I build positive relationships with the public, my colleagues, and workers from other companies and disciplines. I have refined my interpersonal skills through years of experience in public speaking and teamwork.
My broad range of engineering skills include 3D design, topographic surveys, and report writing. My extensive exposure on construction sites, as well as my experience using engineering drawings, allowed me to draw an important connection between practical execution and theoretical planning and design.
Overall, I believe my broad range of skills makes me the best candidate to work at your company.
Summary of Qualifications
- Software: Revit, AutoCAD, QGIS, Excel, Python, Java, MATLAB.
- On Site: CCIL, Working at Heights, Surveying (Total Station, Theodolite, and Automatic Laser/Levels).
- Laboratory: Proctors, Hydrometer, Atterberg Limits, Grain size, Concrete & Mortar Compressive Tests.
- Construction Management: Estimating and Pricing, Tendering and Subcontract Negotiations.
BEAVERPOND pH Survey | QGIS & PYTHON PERSONAL PROJECT
April 2020-April 2020
- ·Processed pH field data using Python and Microsoft Excel then mapped and interpolated the readings in QGIS 3.4. (Please see Portfolio).
GALLERIA FIORENTINA | REVIT PERSONAL PROJECT
Aug 2019 - Sep 2019
- Used Autodesk Revit 2020 to design a sample rebar schedule, a mezzanine, and a 3D render of a foyer. (Please see Portfolio).
LID PARKING LOT | UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
Sep 2018 - Dec 2018
- Used a Sokkia Total Station and Excel to create AutoCAD maps and an FSR for a Low Impact Development parking lot.
SECRETARY GENERAL | PEELMUN
- Collaborated to lead team in hosting a regional Model UN conference with 70+ attendees.
- Organized and ran marketing campaigns on multiple social media networks to maximize attendance.
Estimating Student @ PCL Constructors, Inc.
January 2020 - April 2020
- Interpreted engineering and architectural plans to perform site-wide takeoffs for hundred-million-dollar projects in solar and residential departments for civil, electrical, and architectural scopes.
- Negotiated contracts and managed subcontract tenders for multiple photovoltaic solar projects worldwide.
- Reduced takeoff time by 30% using Microsoft Excel to insert and optimize conversion formulas.
- Ranked as a top company co-op (Jim Brown Award Finalist) and BEAM Award Recipient.
Field Technician @ Chung and Vander Doelen Engineering Ltd.
Apr 2019 - Aug 2019
- Liaised with site supervisors and used engineering drawings to convey inspection results in the construction of multi-million dollar projects, including additions to the Bruce Power plant and 60 Frederick Street, Kitchener.
- Advised site supervisors on further action to ensure safety and proper coverage based on results of various tests.
- Utilized theodolite, laser level and heavy machinery to perform structural plumb & torque inspections.
General Worker @ Home Hardware Inc.
May 2018 - Aug 2018
- Applied trade skills to plumbing, carpentry and electrical problems, maximizing client satisfaction.
- Ensured every customer was accommodated by communicating effectively and patiently with clients who had English language barriers or hearing impairments.
- Single-handedly assembled and repaired motorized lawn equipment and barbecues under tight deadlines.
Farm Labourer @ Carl Laidlaw Orchards
Aug 2017 - Nov 2017
- Operated a remote coffee shop and dealt with public under limited supervision.
- Maximized profit and minimized waste by inventing the popular apple cider slushy using otherwise idle stock.
Weekly French Tutor @ Two elementary school students (French Immersion)
2014 - 2018
- Tutored a boy and girl French lessons including reading, writing and pronunciation.
Other Relevant Experience
SCYLC CHAMPION | ENGINEERS WITHOUT BORDERS SCYLC
- Won first prize and was declared Social Change Youth Leadership Conference champion, with small group.
- Devised a plan to solve international issues; presented the plan effectively using Microsoft PowerPoint and strong public speaking skills.
PRESENTER, MENTOR, MC | GRAYDON TED-ED
Sep 2015 - Jun 2018
- Presented two Ted Talks in front of a school wide audience, and was Master of Ceremonies for one year.
- Mentored younger students on presentation and communication skills to produce best show for audience.
B. Sc. Civil Engineering | UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO | CLASS OF 2023
Sep 2018 - Aug 2023
- Candidate for Bachelor of Applied Science in Civil Engineering, Term 2B.
- 2B course topics include sustainability, structural mechanics, economics, and fluid mechanics.
- Attained 1st Quartile rank in Term 2A.